It is no longer news but a beautiful surprise, when American actress Gabrielle Union-Wade revealed her new born baby on social media.
Union stated that she welcomed the birth of her daughter via surrogate due to her struggles with miscarriages.
Remember Gabby is one star who isn’t afraid to let all know what is going down in her life, especially her past. She’s been through a lot and her super star life isn’t so perfect after all. You are going to find out from this post why I think so.
Know that she is where she is now because she didn’t give up on herself, so, if you are going through a hard time, you will survive and come out a winner!
Now find out below some of the things Gabrielle survived;
- LOW SELF-ESTEEM: Union grew up with self-esteem issues relating to her appearance. She believed that blonde women were the “idea of beauty” and “if I looked nothing like that, then I must be ugly.” She revealed. She longed to be acknowledged for her physical appearance. “I was never really looked upon as being pretty. She referred to herself as a “loser” and “joker” from childhood but her friends pushed her to replace “joker and a loser,” with “dope and fly and amazing,” as she is very much worthy of the new praises she’s earned and undeserving of the harsh criticism she used to say to herself.
- RAPE: At the age of 19, Union was attacked and raped at her part-time job at a Payless shoe store by a robber. Union has stated that she would not have survived the attack had it not been for lessons she learned by watching Oprah Winfrey’s talk show. She later successfully sued Payless for negligence, alleging that the store failed to warn employees about the assailant, who had been positively identified robbing another Payless location prior to her rape.
- BAD RELATIONSHIPS: She lost her virginity in a guy’s parents’ bedroom. She dated former NBA player Jason Kidd in high school who broke up with her two weeks before junior prom. Her first marriage to former NFL player Chris Howard wasn’t a good one. She found out Howard was cheating on her the day after he proposed, saying she threw her engagement ring at him but went on to marry him anyway. Claiming he became “a prolific cheater” as their marriage progressed, Union says she eventually participated in a “sting” operation when a woman Howard was having an affair with threatened to go public. Union stated that she may have rushed into the relationship for the wrong reasons, noting that, “in my 20s, I was all about getting the ring.” she stated. She spent much of the marriage “upset” and from the relationship, she realized that the men in her life were “just human.”
- INFERTILITY AND MISCARRIAGES: At first, Gabby never wanted children but she later changed her mind when she became a stepmum. She fell in love with motherhood. In an attempt to have a much-longed-for baby with Dwyane, Mrs Wade suffered multiple miscarriages. According to her, she suffered eight or nine miscarriages. Even after enduring three years of failed IVF cycles and being constantly bloated from the hormones, Union said that she and Wade “remain bursting with love and ready to do anything to meet the child we’ve both dreamed of.” She didn’t give up, now she is a mother!
- RELATIONSHIP WITH HUBBY: Even though Union and Wade look picture perfect together, their relationship has its ups and downs. The good thing is they are both going stronger by working things out and according to her, they have a very good communication and are committed to eachother.
Now you know her life isn’t perfect, she is just human. She made it through so can you!
From my DESK with love and light ❣